Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Potty pots

I have a computer that slides along at the pace of an arthritic snail. After defragging and checking for spyware (whatever that is) I have just finished checking for viruses. Hopefully it will pick up speed now. But I doubt it.

I watched the 9/11 documentary last night - thanks to the fact that there was a power cut somewhere between my cable station and my house. Well, happily I had light - but no TV. Some of the apartments around me were in pitch black. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Michael Moore, but I had nothing else to watch - so watch it I did. Turned out to be not that he's not that rabid after all. And the plus side for Bush is that he doesn't come out looking as too stupid, just evil.

And then the cable came back and I watched a documentary about Abu Graib and the torture that American troops put potentially innocent Iraquis through. And how such torture appears to have been approved by Rumsfeld.

And who know's what is going on in Guantanamo Bay.

So it was really refreshing to read today that the US government is critisizing the Jamaican government for its treatment of prisoners! Do as I say, not as I do.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Why can't the pot call the pot black for a change?

How seriously does the American government think such a remark will be treated? Where is their moral authority?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you saw Farenheit 9/11, it atleast gets you thinking. As for Abu Ghraib docus....man I know what you mean.

But we as Jamaicans already know what to expect from the USA. It has always been about "do as I say not as I do" but when is someone in politics in Jamaica going to call them out on it?